Subject: Re: Anim to Video Tips?
From: "Scott Thompson" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 16:48:34 -0500

On Dec 29,  3:48pm, Rich Comber wrote:
> Subject: Anim to Video Tips?
>
> here on this group and so ...   I'm looking for a low cost (<$500) solution
to
> move my anims to video.  Enough to show off my work.  I'm looking for
>
>-- End of excerpt from Rich Comber

	Well, I know on the Amiga an easy and inexpensive way is to just hook
the composite out of the Amiga into my hi-fi VCR, play the anims on my Amiga,
and hit record on the VCR.  If I've got something really large I can render it
in pieces and play the pieces one at a time, pause the VCR at the end (the
flying erase head makes single-frame pausing easy... ), then play the next part
and record it after the first.
	As for the PC -- well, they *do* have PC->TV adapters that convert the
VGA signal to NTSC.  I dunno how much they are, but I *think* they're under
your $500 limit.  With this you could do the same thing -- just hook the box up
to a VCR and play out the anim as the VCR records.  Granted, with this setup
the quality isn't the best in the world, but it's a cheap solution.
	The next best thing I've found is a local U-Edit Video place that has a
Toaster on-site.  I've talked to them about bringing in my work on my SyQuest
and having them put it out to tape, but they charge $.25/frame.  That gets
awful expensive, awful quick!

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Thompson                                                  [email-masked]
inturnet, inc.             811 Alpha Ste. #331             Richardson, TX  75081
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STANDARD DISCLAIMER:  The opinions in the above message are those of the author.
		      They in no way reflect the opinions of inturnet, inc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Water's wet, sky's blue, and women have secrets."             - Joe Hallembeck